Foster Interreligious Dialogue
(photo: Gabriel Delmonaco)
Advancing the unity of all believers is part of CNEWA’s foundational mandate from the Holy Father.
Deepening ecumenical relations with our sister churches and developing closer ties with all believers are priorities for CNEWA. We support this good work through grants to local churches, directly or through the Holy See.
Through your generous support last year, we provided:
- $100,000 in scholarships for Orthodox students pursuing graduate work at Catholic institutions of higher learning.
- $60,000 to the European Humanities Research Center and the University of Kiev-Mohyla Academy in Kiev; Sts. Methodius and Cyril Theological Faculty in Minsk; and St. Andrew’s Biblical Theological College in Moscow.
- $40,000 for language courses for students of the ecumenical patriarchate in Chambesy and the Orthodox patriarchate of Antioch in Balamand.
- $35,000 in scholarships for Muslim students pursuing advanced studies in Catholic institutions.
- $27,227 for the clergy training centers of Ethiopia’s Orthodox Church.